Class 12th English The Enemy NCERT Solutions
Reading with Insight:
- There are moments in life when we have to make hard choices between out roles as private Individuals and as citizens with a sense of national loyalty. Discuss with refrence to the story you have just read.
- Dr. Sadao was compelled by his duty as a doctor to help the enemy solider. What made Hana, his wife. Sympathetic to him in the face of open defiance form the domestic from the domestic staff?
- How would you explain the reluctance of the soldier to leave the shelter of the doctor's home even when he knew he couldn't stay there without risk to the doctor and himself?
- What explains the attitude of the General in the matter of the enemy soldier? Was it human consideration, lack of national loyalty, dereliction of duty or simple self-absorption?
- While hatred against a member of the enemy race is justifiable, especially during wartime, what makes a human being raise above narrow prejudices?
- Do you think the doctor's fianl solution to the problem was the best possible one in the circumstances?
Class 12th English, Chpater- The Enemy Explanation
Poet: Robert Frost
Line by Line Poem Explanation:Explanation of each line in written in bold